Another day down here, another day I spent in the AC infront of the computer. Between compiling lists of companies that are hiring or I would cold call, perfecting my resume, and updating pictures on various photo sites, I’m finding my days as a fake productive. I get a few things done, but several are slowed just by the internet connection and the fact that I only a set amount of time each day with free internet. Between the last two days, I’ve spent between 5 and 8 hours on the computer trying to upload pictures from our trip down here and C’s last few days in states. There have been several attempted loads that have failed. So this is making me feel very unproductive. On the bright side of things, the job hunt is going well. On top of the potential work down here that came from my flight down here, a friend/former coworker forwarded my information and appears to be another job lead back home. As my dad keeps reminding me, my field is highly sought after. This is good news, and may supply leverage?? if people like me are in as high demand as I’ve come to understand.
So with time to think lately, I have come to the opinion that in the long run, I probably better off not working for the company that laid me off. I really enjoyed working for the company that hired me, but they were resistant to change within the company, and their sale was really the best for the company to keep from ultimately going under. We were told this new larger company was going to provide us was a lot of opportunity and resources. All I really saw was a lot of red tape from bureaucracy and mismanagement. The work mentality went from worrying about the final product to worrying about billing and accounting. I, and I imagine several others who were laid off were probably wronged by ineffective superiors. I’m going to stop my ramblings right now, I’m sure more will follow later. Also, C keeps reminding me she misses her bed she left at home. I miss that bed to, but I don’t think I want to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment