Monday, July 20, 2009

First Visitors

So a decision has been made, and now plans need to be finalized. I’m staying in the islands. Seems to be some work out there, though I have not found it yet, but the good news is that I’m pretty sure I qualify to be professionally licensed while back home I still needed one more year of experience. That certainly calms one of my biggest worries about moving down here. Also, my parents are starting to get over the fact that I now plan on living down here, and have agreed that my brother renting my place back home would be the best option (though he’ll only be paying slightly more then 1/3 of my mortgage in rent), he still has yet to find a job now that he’s graduated college. Hopefully he’ll broaden his search beyond using his studio art major to find a job.

So this weekend, a fraternity brother and three other friends are coming to visit. They are stopping by to see us for one night before heading to a campsite on another island close by for the rest of the week. I’m pretty excited about this for a couple reasons. First, it will be nice to see some friends, and second, its giving me a reason to cook. Though its nothing I haven’t made before, I haven’t bought chicken down here yet. So we’ll make some jerk chicken, peas (red beans and rice), and some fried plantains and sweet potatoes. I like to think this will be better then what they’d get at one of the local bars, and certainly a lot cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment